Mesh Chair Review. Top 3 cooling Ergonomic mesh chairs in singapore (Updated 2022)
Looking for a high-quality, affordable ergonomic mesh chair?
Headaches, back pain, and fatigue are no joke. If you find yourself feeling these symptoms, it’s time to think long and hard about how your chair is treating you. A replacement might be in order.
SG Top Choice has picked out Singapore’s top 3 brands that don’t scrimp on mesh chair quality. We will also do some in-depth comparisons and go through a list of ergonomic features you should look out for as you shop for your perfect ergonomic mesh chair.
Let’s start with some introductions.
What Are The Top 3 Ergonomic Mesh Chair Brands In Singapore?
We get it, you want to know what ergonomic chairs are worth your buck. Not just any good ergonomic chair, but the best of the best. Well keep reading because SGTopChoice has got you covered!
We’d like to recommend these 3 ergonomic mesh chairs, ranked from #1 to #3 according to their quality-price ratio. We are being unbiased here, so trust that these are the most premium quality models in the ergonomic mesh chair market.
For 10% off, use Coupon Code “VP10” on their website
Description: NextChair Luxe Model delivers an exceptional ergonomic experience at a very reasonable price. You get more than you what you paid for in terms of the quality of its ergonomic features. In addition, it’s much cheaper compared to other high-end brands while delivering equally premium comfort and ergonomics.
NextChair Luxe Model definitely gives the more expensive brands a run for their money. It’s mesh material in particular is one of the best in the market. It utilises a specialised trade-secret hybrid blend of reinforced fabric and polyester that is made in Germany. Specially engineered for comfort and durability.
Cost: $449 SGD
Material: Mesh (seat and back)
Colours: Black, Dark Grey, Grey/Blue
Models: 2 Models (Classic) (Luxe)
- Affordable (due to the company accepting lower profits as they do not spend heavily on advertising)
- German Engineered Mesh (which is extremely durable yet comfortable)
Mesh it soft and very comfortable. While many other chairs we have tried before are hard and uncomfortable.
- 12 calibration points to provide maximum comfort and support
- 3D armrest (back and forth + customizable height, adjustable rotation options)
- Adjustable sliding seat pan (back and forth)
- Multi-functional mechanism for back rest (adjustable height, tilting, and locking at 5 gears
- Adjustable lumbar support
- Adjustable head rest (height and angle)
#2 Ergotunes Supreme V3
Description: If you want a good ergonomic chair brand in Singapore, Ergotune is a safe bet. They are one of the more well known ergonomic chair brands in Singapore. Its ergonomic functions are extensive and the mesh is soft and comfortable too (similar to NextChair) The only reason why we’re putting them below NextChair is because it is more costly.
Still, there is a reason why Ergotune is well received in the Singapore market. They have tons of celebrities and social media influencers who can vouch for their product’s comfort and ergonomic qualities. They also use a special formulated material made from a blend of fabric and polyester (similar to NextChair), which ensures comfort and endless durability.
Cost: $599 SGD
- 11 calibration points to fit all body types
- 5D armrest
- Adjustable back rest height
- Adjustable lumbar support
- Adjustable head rest (4 axis of adjustment)
#3 Ergomiester 8 Series
Description: This is a solid ergonomic chair, it has the necessary ergonomic features you would expect from a high-end chair. The company is trusted and reliable, and by paying for the higher price tag, you get a 60 day risk-free trial plus 15 year warranty. That would sound like a really good deal to anyone who is interested in an ergonomic chair. A downside to this brand, is that the mesh can feel quite hard, certainly not as soft as NextChair and Ergotunes.
On the other hand, it is one of the more expensive ergonomic chairs in Singapore. The reason why we’re putting them below NextChair and Ergotunes, is because of its pricing and mesh type. Its mesh is made from Air-Scape™ Mesh which prevents heat from being trapped and guarantees a cooling sitting experience for all Ergomiester users. However, in terms of comfort, it might be lacking compared to the special blend of fabric/mesh from NextChair and Ergotunes. As explained, it is harder and less comfortable. Also, that price tag may be too intimidating for first-time ergonomic chair owners.
Cost: $899 SGD
- Adjustable Headrest (Height and Up and Down)
- Adjustable Backrest (Height up to 50 mm and 135 deg. recline)
- Adjustable Lumbar (Depth – Lumbar Plus Technology)
- Adjustable Armrest (Rotate, Height, Up and Down)
- Adjustable Seat (Height and In and Out)
What Is An Ergonomic Mesh Chair?
Ergonomic products are designed with the user’s safety in mind.
Are you tired of the way your hands and wrists feel after a long day of using your computer? Did you know that prolonged computer use can cause wrist problems? And that some ergonomic keyboards and mice have programs designed to help prevent these injuries from occurring?
Well, we can minimize those problems by choosing products that are ergonomically designed. Our office chairs, desks, and other stationery products are all designed with a focus on ease of use and comfort. They will not only reduce the likelihood of injury, but they’ll also make your life easier!
What Are The Benefits Of An Ergonomic Mesh Chair?
There are several reasons why the ergonomic mesh chair remains one of the most common seating options found in offices and homes. The ergonomic mesh chair is backed by decades of scientific research and is specially created to protect the user from pain and injury. Nowadays, people spend more than half of their lives at their computer desk, so it’s definitely worth investing in one!
Here is what an ergonomic mesh chair can do for you:
- Improve posture – Regular, non-ergonomic chairs do not have backrests that support your spine’s natural curves. Because of this, after prolonged sitting, you might notice yourself slouching forwards and experiencing back pains. An ergonomic mesh chair corrects this by allowing users to lie on a backrest while maintaining proper posture throughout the day.
- Provide back support/lumbar support – Ergonomic chairs have especially curved seat pans and protruding backrests to support our natural back shape. By resting on an ergonomic chair, our spine faces less pressure from gravity and our body weight, taking off lots of compression that our spinal disks would otherwise face. The size and depth of the seat pan also play a huge difference.
- Relieve pain and fatigue – Poor posture is a major cause of pain and fatigue at the desk. By allowing our ergonomic chairs to have flexible parts that can be customized according to the user’s needs, each person can achieve optimal posture and back support that is tailored to their needs. Thus, alleviating pressure from our bones and muscles, and relieving pain.
- Increase Blood Circulation – Our bodies work more effectively with proper posture. Sitting with bad posture for too long can cause your blood vessels and organs to compress, limiting oxygen and blood flow. This can potentially affect your health down the line. Ergonomic chairs ensure that users are seated with good posture so all these can be prevented.
- Enhance concentration and productivity – Good posture leads to good blood circulation. This allows blood to carry oxygen to your brain effectively, which in turn allows the user to better concentrate during work hours or gaming sessions. A good ergonomic mesh chair also feels really good to sit in. Comfort is has a major impact on purchasing decisions and one’s happiness and productivity.
- Highly customizable/adjustable – No matter what body shape you have, a good ergonomic mesh chair will be able to support you, protect you from injury, and provide comfort throughout the day. Don’t just look for a desk chair that can be adjusted up and down; expect the backrest, seat pan, armrests, and other parts to be adjustable as well. Are you a long-limbed individual who needs lower armrests? Want to turn your seat into a bed? Need a higher headrest? Look no further, the ergonomic mesh chair is perfect for you.
- Extremely durable – The ergonomic mesh chair will last you for a long time. It is made out of durable mesh materials that will not rot, peel, or make loud creaking sounds. It is also child-proof, so you won’t need to worry about your young one’s tearing or poking holes into your mesh chair – not unless they take to it with scissors or course.
- Easy to maintain – Why are mesh chairs so easy to clean? It’s because you’re not sweaty! Mesh chairs are extremely cooling and that means no gross grime or residue on your seat. So go ahead! Sit back, relax, and enjoy the fact that you won’t have to spend a bunch of time with maintenance. If you ever feel the need to clean your ergonomic mesh chair, just take a wet rag and wipe it down. It’s that simple!
What Are The Dangers Of Bad Posture?
Poor posture is a bad habit that is hard to kick for many. It is dangerous because it can lead to many acute health conditions such as muscle aches, to even chronic health problems like neck pain and back pain. Poor posture often results from sitting on poor ergonomic chairs. These chairs do not support the natural curve of your spine and encourage slouching. This can be really dangerous.
Complications can include:
- Back pain – poor posture leads to a strain on your spine and back muscles because slouching puts pressure on your shoulder blades. If you notice back pains after sitting for a while, you should correct your posture ASAP.
- Neck pain – poor posture often causes our heads are stretched forward. Holding this unnatural posture for too long causes neck pain.
- Headaches/migraines – poor posture causes tension in the muscles of your upper back, neck, and shoulders. This in turn leads to headaches and even increases the frequency of migraines.
- Crooked spine – poor posture causes your spine to lose its natural curves. This is because poor posture puts unnecessary pressure on your spine. A bent spine, in turn, affects our ability to stand, sit, and function normally in day-to-day activities. So this is really dangerous.
- Digestion issues – poor posture like slouching that causes your spine and ribcage to compress, which in turn causes your organs to compress. This can affect your digestion process and cause bloating, constipation and potbellies.
- Breathing difficulties – poor posture like slouching can cause your ribcage to compress, which in turn causes your lungs to compress. This can lead to more difficulties when it comes to breathing freely. Oxygen supplied to the brain will also be limited, thus affecting our brains from working their best.
- Poor blood circulation – poor posture prevents our blood from circulating freely around our body. Sitting with our knees up, crossing our legs, and even sitting on the floor with our legs arranged into pretzels, can affect our blood flow. This increases our chances of developing varicose veins.
If you are experiencing any of the above, know that you might be a victim of poor ergonomics. The best way to avoid all of the above health consequences is to have a quality ergonomic mesh chair while consciously maintaining a healthy posture.
Tips To Improve Your Posture
- Adjust your seat height so that your feet are flat on the ground or a footrest.
- Adjust your seat height so that your eye is on the same level as the top of the screen, and at least one arm’s length away from your body
- Keep your knees bent at a 90-degree angle, or more. So that your hips are on the same level or higher than your knees so that lumbar pressure is reduced.
- Seating with your pelvis tilted forward can also help with lumbar pressure.
- Sit so the seat pan is not pressed against the back of your knees.
- Cross your legs at the ankle, rather than the knee.
- Do not lean forward, instead, rest on the backrest of the chair. The backrest should also be angled back a bit, about 100 degrees, so that your spine is not fighting against gravity and your weight is evenly distributed against the backrest.
- Ensure that the curve of your lower back is supported. If you do not have an ergonomic mesh chair, use a pillow or cushion.
- Adjust the armrests so that your shoulders are not hunched, but relaxed comfortably when resting against it.
- Be aware of your sitting behavior. If you notice that you are slouched over the table, make a conscious effort to sit up straight.
- Do light exercise/stretching whenever you are free (at least 1 time a day)
- Stay active and fit. Do not sit for too long (take regular breaks)
- Avoid standing on one foot for long periods.
- Use ergonomic chairs at home or the office, or request for one. An ergonomic standing desk will also compliment your mesh chair well.
- Lie down on bedding with just enough spring to support your spine, and use a pillow that properly supports your neck.
What To do if your health is already being Negatively Affected By Bad Posture?
If it has not yet affected your way of life, then there is still time for you to correct your posture on your own. Take up the good habit so that you will never have to experience the health risks mentioned above.
Mesh Chair vs Fabric/leather Chair
The mesh chair is quickly gaining popularity due to improved technology for mesh weaves. It looks flat and hard from afar, but mesh weaves nowadays provide really good support for our bodies, enough to rival the soft paddings of its competitors.
Padded chairs are found with fabric chairs and leather chairs. They are all the hype until you see its price tag. Fabric and leather chairs function the same way a mesh chair does, only with slight differences and a much higher price range. In the end, there is no good or bad selection as all ergonomic chairs (mesh, fabric, or leather) do their job well and protect your body from injury and harm. It all depends on each individual’s preferences.
Extremely affordable prices – Depending on your budget, you can get an ergonomic mesh chair for the low price of S$50 up to a whopping S$2000. Prices depend heavily on:
- customizable adjustment options
A pricey mesh chair will have the best comfort, a long-lasting lifespan, and tons of adjustable features that compliment sitting for long hours at a time, while cheaper options may be lacking in features mentioned above. Still, regardless of your budget, an ergonomic chair will do its job right. Ensuring that the user’s muscles and bones are supported at all times.
Fabric and leather ergonomic chairs are costly in comparison. If you have a deep wallet, you could spend on a high-end ergonomic chair that is made of quality leather or fabric – just like premium gaming/executive chairs.
Top-tier breathability – Singapore is a tropical country that is pretty much stuck in the summer season all year round. The humidity and heat can really get to you, especially if you work from home and do not turn on the air-con on the regular. Having a mesh ergonomic seat allows for more ventilation, making the whole sitting process a lot cooler.
Fabric and leather chairs, on the other hand, are “F Tier” in terms of breathability. They heat up quickly and retain that heat, causing users to shift restlessly to cool off, squat on the chair (that’s me), or sweat all day long. This does not sound like a huge issue for cool, air-conditioned areas, but staying seated still causes the fabric and leather to heat up now and then.
Highly Durable – The mesh material is strong and can withstand a lot of pressure. The only way the mesh weave is breaking is if you take to it with scissors. This makes it readily usable for all body types to sit on.
Fabric and leather chairs can peel, get torn, become sunken with uneven padding distribution, or have stretch marks over time. It’s pretty much an inevitability that all fabric chairs will experience wear and tear sometime down the road. In addition, Singapore’s heat and humidity will only quicken the wear and tear process.
Ease of maintenance – Mesh chairs are really easy to clean, mostly because the user is not sweaty, and so no grime is left on the mesh weaves.
Fabric and leather chairs, on the other hand, are not breathable, so users sweat more, so the chair gets dirty more. Furthermore, small objects, food crumbs, and dust often get stuck in the hidden folds of the seat padding. These often go unnoticed so the smell might attract insects and make the whole cleaning procedure a lot more complicated.
Blends into any environment – The design of the ergonomic mesh chair is simple. Sometimes, we need a little bit of simplicity in our lives. This is especially so if you are a fan of the minimalist look in your homes and offices.
Fabric and leather chairs stand out, and users might have a harder time choosing the right one that will fit in their workspaces. If you have a roommate or are planning to change residencies soon, it’s much easier to fall back on the ole’ reliable ergonomic mesh chair. It’s lightweight and easy to transport too.
Lack of padding – Mesh chairs are really comfortable now, thanks to technology. However, fabric chairs are better if users prefer softness and plush padding. Also, the elderly with less meat on their bones might find fabric chairs easier to sit on compared to stiffer mesh chairs.
No variety in colours – Mesh chairs are extremely limited in terms of colouring. Black is common-place and you would be hard-pressed to find any other varieties. Some brands offer white, blue, red, and orange, but that is about it.
Some people really care about colour matching with their environment. So in those circumstances, fabric chairs are ideal. Fabric chair options literally have limitless possibilities, just search it up on Google and you will find the perfect one for you.
Less “luxurious” – You don’t see CEOs and high-ranking executives sitting on mesh chairs for a reason. Mesh chairs are often considered: cheap, common, lightweight, and dull. Fabric/Leather chairs in comparison, are solid, expensive, and a lot more pleasing to the eye.
What Ergonomic Mesh Chair Feature Should I Look Out For?
You have come to the right place because SG Top Choice has compiled an extensive list of ergonomic mesh chair features just for you. If you like any of the features listed, take a note so that you will have an easier time comparing models later.
Adjustable seat height – I know, almost every chair has this. But not every chair will have an adjustable seat height that caters perfectly to you. The optimal seat height should allow you to place your feet flat on the floor and keep your arms perpendicular (90 degrees) to your spine. Users can always buy a footstool to support their feet if the table/chair is too high to place their feet flat on the ground.
Dangling your feet off the floor or crossing them can place stress on your joints. The same goes for placing your arms too high or low.
Seat tilt – Good ergonomic chairs will allow the seat to tilt forwards, which allows for correct positioning of the pelvis. This can be complemented with an adjustable backrest for optimal comfort while sitting.
Reclining backrest – A recline allows for users to take off pressure from our spine (reducing weight put on our spinal disks and muscles) and relax after a long hard day. Some high-end ergonomic chairs allow for a 180-degree recline which allows users to stretch freely, and even use it as a makeshift bed.
Backrest lumbar support / Lumbar support cushions – Ergonomic chairs have curves to support the lower back of their users. This prevents slouching and reduces stress on the spine. Some even have adjustable backrests that users can customize its height following the curse in their spine for optimal support.
Moveable armrests – Some ergonomic chairs allow their armrests to rotate at different angles. Adjustable armrests support our upper limbs no matter which position we are in and help reduce tension in our upper body. However, armrests should not be used all the time as users might pick up the bad habit of shrugging their shoulders and sagging into the seat, putting most of their weight into their arms that are supported on the armrests.
Adjustable headrest – Headrests are a “must-have” in ergonomic chairs. They support the back of the user’s head and neck which relieves strain from the neck and shoulders. Some ergonomic chairs have adjustable headrests, which is amazing for users of different body types.
Comfortable mesh material – Some ergonomic mesh chairs use soft mesh materials that cause you to sink comfortably into the chair, just like regular fabric and leather ergonomic chairs. Other ergonomic mesh chairs use firmer materials that are just as comfortable, but not as plush or soft.
Questions To Ask Yourself
- Is the seat pan big enough for you to sit comfortably? Yet, small enough that it doesn’t press uncomfortably against the back of your knees?
- Is the mesh material comfortable and breathable?
- Can you adjust the seat height so that your feet can rest flat on the floor?
- Can you adjust the height of the backrest for a more comfortable position?
- Can you recline the backrest for a more comfortable position?
- Does the chair wheel allow you to move easily?
- Does the chair allow you to swivel easily?
- Are the armrests cushioned and easily adjustable?
- Are the moveable parts easy to use?
#3 Ergomiester FAEZ8ERG
Imagine sitting on a chair with poor ergonomics for long periods in a day. Your posture is all wrong and your joints and spine are suffering. You might not be able to feel the strain now, but you will definitely feel it in the long term. Do we want to take that risk? We at SG Top Choice believe in prevention over cure. And we can never go wrong with ergonomic mesh chairs.
Ergonomic mesh chairs are so worth it. We need chairs can be customized to fit our needs and body type. Not the other way around. Be sure to check our next list of top 5 ergonomic chairs and get the optimal back support that you deserve!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Newer ergonomic chairs are actually really comfortable. The reason yours might be uncomfortable, is probably because (1) it's an older model and (2) it's really cheap. Older ergonomic chairs do not have that high-tech mesh weave. Instead, their mesh weaves are hard and stiff, even though it still does its job as an ergonomic chair right.
Either that, or your ergonomic chair might be designed for "active sitting" which engages your muscles and forces you into a good posture.
Ergonomic chairs are generally cheaper than gaming chairs and executive chairs. However, the best ergonomic chairs are expensive because they are made of high-quality materials, and their design is backed by years of ergonomic research and development.